The most important aesthetic goal in cosmetic dentistry is achieving a balanced smile. An attractive smile is important in personal and professional life as it boosts your confidence and aids in social acceptance. But not all have been blessed with a naturally attractive smile. Cosmetic dentistry is one of the most popular dental procedures as it restores a smile, and enhances confidence, through composite bonding.
family and cosmetic dentistry in Leesburg, VA aims to provide innovative cosmetic services that improve your smile and overall appearance. It is never too late to rejuvenate your smile to boost your self-esteem.
Cosmetic composite bonding is a boon
Cosmetic composite bonding is a dental procedure that allows you to alter the shape, size, and color of your teeth. It uses a tooth-colored resin material and adhesives that are bonded to the tooth surface using a curing light.
The main aim of this procedure is to protect the underlying dentin from tooth decay while enhancing its outward appearance. It is an affordable alternative to invasive and costly procedures like orthodontic braces or veneers.
Not everyone is a candidate for cosmetic composite bonding
Composite bonding is used for the aesthetic enhancement of your smile. It is recommended to:
- Conceals cracks or chips in your teeth
- Camouflage tooth discoloration and stains
- Close spaces between your teeth (diastema)
- Give an elongated appearance to your teeth
- Alter the shape of your teeth
- Restore badly decayed teeth
- Protect roots exposed by receding gums
A single visit is all that is required for cosmetic composite bonding
Cosmetic composite bonding is typically completed in a single visit in less than an hour. Your dentist will evaluate your teeth and choose the appropriate shade of composite resin to closely match your teeth.
- The teeth to be treated are first isolated using a rubber dam and cotton rolls. This also aids in moisture control during the procedure.
- Teeth will be prepared by etching the surface using an etching solution. This creates small crevices that secure locks the composite resin to create a strong bond.
- A tooth-colored biocompatible composite resin will be applied to the tooth surface, and sculpted into the desired shape.
- The composite resin is hardened by special ultraviolet curing light or laser.
- Once the composite is cured, your dentist will trim, shape and polish it to match your natural teeth.
Composite bonding is an aesthetic procedure that uses tooth-colored composite resin material to match your natural teeth. This protects your exposed dentin and roots during tooth fracture, while also providing cosmetic benefits to enhance your smile.